Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Mama needs to get out

As much as motherhood has been rewarding for me, it also makes you turn into a hermit - especially when you breastfeed. I get cabin fever and sometimes I need to get out and about.

So although Max decided to wake up at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, and 4:30 last night, (I finally handed him over to Leon at 4:30am...that's close enough to 5am right?) I still had big ambitions to get out of the house today.

First stop was Cafe Barrone (of course right?) for lunch. Lucky for me, Ann had the day off and happened to be running errands in Menlo Park. So we met up and caught up on our weekend. Ann was kind enough to hold Max, lulling him to sleep so I could finish my sandwich. Thanks Ann!



Max then went into meltdown mode and we made a quick stop at home for a feeding before heading off to Target. I frequented Target alot before I had a kid, but now I can find alot more excuses to go. It's a good excuse to get out of the house anyway. :)

2 comments:

Red Headed Mama said...

When I was on maternity leave, I LIVED at Target. There and the Hillsdale Mall. Even if I didn't really need anything, it helped to preserve my sanity! I'm pretty convinced it's why Miles loves Target as much as he does.

Hang in there, Mama. It will get easier!

sandy c said...

Ha ha Lisa - good to know. Unfortunately I live near the Stanford mall which could be an expensive habit for Max - lol. I am counting down to easier days...but then again, I know I will miss "little" Max as he is now.