Sunday, March 16, 2008

When you under-estimate...

Currently listening to: The dryer....it's laundry-day Sunday

I entered Leon and I in the Muddy Buddy contest a couple weeks back. This has now turn into a full-on competition between friends. What that means is... I need to get my out-of-shape ass in gear!

So, got our mountain bikes, installed the accessories, and yesterday - we were ready for our first ride.

We live in an area where there are lots of hiking and mountain-biking trails. Ideal for such training you may say....

But it is also a bit "hilly"....and when you haven't so much as run a mile in the past year...getting up two very steep hills is brutal. I got halfway down the dirt trail and had to turn back. My legs were burning.

Better work my way up in baby steps...

No comments: