Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Grandpa's bday

This past weekend we headed out to Stockton to celebrate my dad's bday (his bday was March 14th). My sister and I shared in BBQ dinner duties, and I also baked a German Chocolate cake for my dad. German Chocolate cake is a family fav of ours!

Besides getting to spend time with the fam, Max had a few milestones of his own. He climbed out of the playpen on Saturday night about three times before finally falling asleep (and once again in the morning, managing to bump his head on the wall...oops!). Crib tent is on it's way!

Max also had quite the explosion of words this weekend, pretty much repeating whatever we say! These words included please (he always signed it, but now he signs and says it), Grandma, Grandpa, Max, water, welcome, love you, and alot of other words I can't remember. Today he said "rice" at lunch while eating it, and "Elmo" when he was reading an Elmo book. I am just amazed at how much he is picking up and I LOVE that he is saying "please" and "thank you" when asking for something. It's darn cute and hard to say no to him.

Here's some pics of Grandpa and Max with the bday cake...



No comments: