Sunday, January 27, 2008

Good movie...good food

Currently listening to: Alicia Keys (feat. John Mayer) - Lesson Learned

Saw the movie There Will Be Blood last night. Whoa...wow...crazy. There wasn't any talking for the first 20 minutes of the movie, but it was very powerful. Daniel Day Lewis steals every scene. He is masterful....and crazy. But that makes for a good movie right? I now understand the Oscar nom.

After the movie, headed out with some friends/Leon's school buds for a great Cuban meal in Palo Alto at a restaurant called La Bodeguita Del Medio. Yum! I had the Masitas (pork) and some Blood Orange Sorbet for dessert. The restaurant has a cigar bar in the back, and although I am not really a smoker, I joined others in the fair. It smelled good in an incense/hookah sort of way.

School hasn't been too bad. I am taking two Psych. classes, Sign Language, and a work study class. Tomorrow I start one of my Intensive courses....that means really intense jamm-packed learning, only 7 classes in all. It can be daunting, but it is also great when you are done before the semester is up.

Leon brought these back from Japan last year...it's our lil' family. You like?


No comments: