Sunday, January 28, 2007

We are Dreamgirls...

Currently listening to: Fergaliscious - Fergie

Just saw Dreamgirls tonight... It had much better acting then I thought. However, I am puzzled as to why Jennifer Hudson would be considered a "supporting" actress? She's the main chracter in the movie! Interesting. For those of you a little weary about seeing a "musical", most of the music in the movie is in the performances. So yes, they do converse - no snapping singing and dancing the entire time.

Yesterday went to see Babel... and after seeing a movie like that last night - you need something musically uplifting like Dreamgirls for today.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Were you surprised that it wasn't nominated for a Best Picture Oscar? I haven't seen it, so I don't know. I will refrain from judging it based on my opinion of Eddie Murphy singing.

sandy c said...

Wow - I am doing some browsing from the past and just saw this...lol. In retrospect...yes I did think alot about Eddie Murphy's "Party All The Time"...